Like George Washington, we cannot tell a lie, there’s almost no way to make this position sound cool and amazing. Actually, we’re pretty sure any attempt we could make at making you laugh about regulatory compliance would be a violation of some regulation somewhere (probably under the regulations of a dictatorship far, far away… aren’t you glad you’re not there?).
Since we can’t use humor, coolness, or anything else to attract you to this job, how about we use “bragging rights.” You heard us, bragging rights. Play your cards right, stay involved long enough, trudge through enough boring regulatory material, become an expert in the various regulations that mandate secure mobile messaging or other forms of mobile security and you might just help drive much needed reforms and mandates.
You’ll be talking to folks who are experts on HIPAA, HITECH, FINRA regulations, SOX, and the list goes on and on. You’ll probably also meet former CEOs with a lot to say on this matter (or at least benefit from introductions they make to us). So if policy, regulations, law (and everything else we use as cures for insomnia) gets you excited, and if you also have an extremely analytical mind and would love to help drive product development based on your analyses, or see how our CEO and CTO do just that, then please apply.
Our last intern, now Director of Communications, Tracy Bartley, worked in communications for startups in San Francisco, New York City and Austin before landing her spot here with Gryphn in D.C and had this to say about the experience
“You will not be bored. You will gain so much knowledge and experience in three months as to make your head explode! There will be NO repetitive rubber stamping; every bit of your work is valued and needed.”
- Hanging out with Navroop, Aaron, Bobby, and Tracy as much as you want
- Seeing how an early stage startup that has just raised money accelerates itself
- Opportunity to attend social/entrepreneurial events around the DC-MD-VA area as our guests (we get red-carpet treatment)
- A stylish Gryphn t-shirt (no joke, at our last event people were signing up on a waiting list for them… now tell us which other startup can claim that)
- For those already of age, an opportunity to sample from the founders’ Scotch stash (there’ll probably also be beer, sodas, and a lot of water too)
- Fun events such as bowling, putt-putt, happy hours, etc.
- References for future internships and jobs
- And finally, possible equity participation for exceptional candidates who stay on
Interested? Send your cover letter and resume to Tracy Bartley at firstname.lastname@example.org